Adrenal Stress – Do you need a Boost?
In the Exhaustion stage of adrenal stress; hypothyroidism, amongst other system failures and degenerative disorders, can occur.
Stress, not only psychological stress, but any insult to the body which may include: chronic infections, allergies, exposure to chemical toxins, use of stimulants (caffeine/nicotine), poor nutrition, physical trauma or poor sleeping habits. Other contributing factors include exogenous steroid use, hypoglycemia and pharmaceutical, non-pharmaceutical and recreational drug use, can cause adrenal dysfunction.
- Eat 5-6 small meals per day, include some fibre- and protein-rich food in each meal
- At least 3 times per week eat, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and/or flaxseed or oil rich fish Salmon, Mackerel, Sardine, Tuna or Herring
- Avoid stimulants: sugar and sugary foods or drinks, refined foods, coffee, Tea, Alcohol and Cigarettes
- Take moderate exercise 4 times per week, avoid over-exercising and high impact exercise
Vitamin B, Panthothenic Acid (B5), Vitamin C and Magnesium are essential for adrenal health and can be supplemented by correct food choices
Vitamin B – Take a B complex supplement
Avocados, bananas, bran, carrots, lentils, brown rice, salmon, shrimp, sunflower seeds, walnuts, tuna, wheat germ and wholegrain flour
Broccoli, green peppers (capsicum), grapefruit, oranges, papaya, potatoes, spinach, strawberries, tomatoes, watercress
Almonds, fish, green leafy vegetables, kelp, nuts, sunflower seeds and wheat germ
Zinc and Selenium
Take a zinc supplement and eat 5 unsalted raw Brazil nuts per day; this contains the correct amount of Selenium to ensure overall health
- Rhodiola – Try to get a Rhodiola Supplement also known as *Rhodiola Rosea
*Rhodiola promotes the release of Noradrenalin, Dopamine and Serotonin.
- Where possible avoid/remove causative factors
- Eat the correct foods
- Essential supplements: Zinc, B Complex, Rhodiola, and Co Enzyme Q 10